Just got back late last night from Flashforward. Quick impressions:
- Huge attendance — I don’t have exact numbers but I hear it was ~1400?
- Loved Erik Natzke’s talk. Very inspirational. Wish I’d been able to see Grant’s talk as well, but I had a meeting.
- Talked to lots of people about Flex. I was pleasantly surprised by the enthusiasm.
- I had a few people say to me, “I don’t get it.. is Flex an easier version of Flash?” This is obviously not what Flex is, and I think this means we need to be clearer in how we talk about it. During the keynote, I emphasized how easy it was to put an application together, so I can see how you could walk away with that impression.
- Had an interesting talk with Moses Gunesch about tweens. I wish I’d been able to stay to hear his session.
- Found out what shots of Southern Comfort and lime taste like (thanks, I think, Chafic)
- Really enjoyed David Schroeder’s talk about sound design. Made me think about sound in a whole new way.
All in all, a great experience. I’ll post notes and slides soon.