I’ve just moved a bunch of code over from beta 2 to beta 3, and took notes on some of the migration issues I ran into. The good news is that almost all of them are in the migration doc somewhere.
FWIW, the issues I ran into are:
- flash.util has been renamed flash.utils
- Several things have been renamed from hXXX to horizontalXXX.
- There are times when you have to cast Application.application to DisplayObject
- DataProvider APIs are no longer on the list classes. For example, you can no longer say myList.getItemAt(index). Instead, say myList.dataProvider.getItemAt(index).
- ICollectionView.getCursor() has been renamed ICollectionView.createCursor().
- You no longer have to manually release the iterators you get back from the createCursor() function.
- The constructor for CollectionEvent now takes an attribute to specify the event type.
This is in addition to the other migration notes I listed here.